6.13.2012

Why is this not funny?

A few months ago my friend Matt posted a video (I'll show it to you later) to my Facebook page with an additional comment that stated "I think you'll like this lady if you don't already". The video was created by internet comedian Grace Helbig on her YouTube channel DailyGrace. As I watched it, I did not find myself laughing like I do when I watch the great Jenna Marbles. The most DailyGrace got out of me was a smirk and possibly a chuckle. In theory, this girl should have made me laugh but for whatever reason it did not. I decided to watch another one of her videos and found that although I did not find her funny, I wanted to watch all of her videos because she has 400+ of them. Thus began the great watch-every-Daily-Grace-video journey. I began from the oldest posted video and have started to work my way up. What makes this mission a bit difficult is that she uploads 1 new video a day so I'm in a constant state of catch up.
Each day of the week has a different theme or focus. Tuesdays are "New Viewser Alert" days where Grace comments on her viewers comments and "hazes" them. Her version of hazing is not what one thinks of when they think of hazing. She attempts to make fun of their username or whatever they said in their comment but it's just not funny to me. On Wednesdays she reviews things like fashion or movies or books. Thursdays are how-to days, which mostly consist of Grace creating types of food that she makes up and usually ends with her just throwing shit into a bowl and calling it food. Fridays are known as "Sexy Fridays" where she rarely talks about sexy things. Every once in awhile she'll post a video on a Monday but those are usually just random tidbits of information. 
As of today, I am on video number 80. Lately I've been more than eager to stop watching her videos so I try and do something else with my time. I usually watch at least 10 videos before I go to bed but I have to add some JMarbs in there to make me laugh out loud.
As unfunny as Grace is, I don't not like her. She has a very likable personality and she's goofy, not unlike my friends. And I'm sure in real life she's a riot but I don't know. You guys can be the judge. Below is the video that Matt sent me, entitled "VODKA OR GET THE F*** OUT". I don't have a problem with vulgar words, that's simply in the title. Fuck. See? Anyway watch and don't laugh.
Do you see what I'm saying or am I just crazy? 

I've found that for the most part if I watch her sober, not funny but if I watch her when I'm drunk or buzzed I tend to laugh more. You should experiment with this. Unless you're under 21. Then don't drink. That's badnewsbears. Here's an example of a video that made me laugh when I was completely smashed one night.

I know I've embedded this whole "DailyGrace is not funny" thing into your heads but recently I've found a couple of them that have actually made me laugh when sober.  

That one just makes me laugh because she's drinking a straight bottle of gin. And no one likes straight gin. Unless you're hardcore. And I am not that hardcore.

I was mostly just impressed with her Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, Zooey Deschanel, Kristen Stewart, Adele, and most importantly her Chelsea Handler impression. 

I think I've come to the conclusion that DailyGrace is only tailored to drunk people or people who drink pretty often. Which makes sense as to why I find her really funny all of a sudden. Not because I'm drunk all the time, but because since summer started my drinking has been increased by like...50%. Granted I drank a lot before school ended but now it's like...every day. Or every other day. This is awkward now. I have to go shower and get ready for happy hour. Until next time!

11 comments:

  1. She's not funny. I really don't f*ing get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. people only like her cause she look good she aint funny i dont even think jenna marbles is funny they both trash who use looks to get by that equals zero respect from me matter of fact i think all vloggers or whatever you call them youtube personalities are annoying and only want money their like hey buy my t shirts no one wants your fucking shit t shirts man for fucks sake all are garbage make me sick fuck you

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude also your comment section is fucked what blog is this is it called shitty blog fucking hell learn that shit cant even see my comment gotta highlight it text is gay aint nobody got time for that

    one love

    good guy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly you do have time for that because you did it.

      Delete
    2. You're a weird dude.

      Delete
  4. didnt mean to be mean im sorry anyways have a good one if you see this im not retarded cause i comment on this blog three times no no no

    thanks

    good guy

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it's really cool that you have to highlight to see comments - it makes me think i'm in Hogwarts and all of the comments are under invisibility cloth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace is funny and Jenna is a trashy whore who gets views for her tits and crude humor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Grace a lot, I love her awkwardness and maybe is not for everyone, but in my humble opinion what you said about Jenna is a fact, and there is nothing wrong with people liking a wanna-be ghetto girl, maybe is funny.

      Delete
  7. Hey there you guys. Honestly, I don't think Grace is trash, or that Jenna Marbles is trash. They're both human, so don't get it twisted. Anyways, I think that Grace isn't funny in my book but I like her humor that's (as oversaid as it is) "relatable", that is to say when she explains common truths. I think that her videos where she talks about what we all know in her "awkward" way, appeals to her viewers' funny bone because of how true it is. Check this video out about surviving high school. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1f9JLa2eqs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article is an engaging abundance of enlightening information that is intriguing and elegantly composed. I praise your diligent work on this and thank you for this data. You have what it takes to get consideration.  Play tube

    ReplyDelete