11.16.2012

Hemingway meets Stephanie Meyer

If you understand the title of this post, than I applaud you. If not...well I understand why it would be confusing. I have been debating for a long time whether or not I should do a drunk blog and since I stopped drinking at midnight and it is now 20 minutes to 4 and I am still drunk, I decided that there is no time like the present. 

I did not know that there could be a film worse than Troll 2 by Breaking Dawn Part 2 proved me wrong. My night began by sipping different alcohol mixtures in my friends apartment in an effort to make a good mixed drink for a co-worker and myself. We had planned to sneak the bottles into the theater and drink during the movie. It worked, but I didn't really drink too much of it. But I'll come back to that. 

A few of us met at El Torito and I had a couple of goblets of Dos Equis. Then we relocated to TGIF's for their happy hour. After a few drinks and a shot, I was gone. Something weird happened and I lost one of the movie tickets but we managed to get everyone in the theater anyway with our magical drunken genius. We all got in and started passing around my flask of whiskey and the magical mixtures. Those of us who went to the bar were pretty damn drunk at this point, so we were relatively obnoxious. 

The movie was terrible. I don't know if it's because I was drunk or what but everything about it was one big joke. The baby was CGIed and the writing was awful. We could not stop laughing the entire time. I deeply regret agreeing to see the movie again with another friend who was not present. The movie seemed short and I was surprised when we got out and I noticed that the time was 2:30. There was a huge twist and it shouldn't have surprised me but it did because I read the books many years ago.

The song during the end credits was incredibly cheesy and the fact that they had to include every. single. character that had been in the previous 4 films without any mention in the last was dumb. This series was no Harry Potter and they probably could've fit the last two installments into one movie. 

My overall drunk rating is a 2. But only because of Kellan Lutz's arms. 

I'm going to eat my sandwich now. Goodnight moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment