5.23.2013

Top Ten Reasons Why Internet Cats are Fantastic

One of the greatest things I have heard in a class discussion regarding technological advancement is "With our smartphones, we literally have the world in the palm of our hands and all we do with this power is look up cat pictures on the internet."

Can you dispute that? Cat pictures are goddamn adorable. I hate cats. I do. You can't really play with them, they're moodier than a 17 year old girl on her period, they never have the decency to throw up in a toilet or their litter box, they scratch the hell out of your couches...I could go on and on.

However, internet cats are a whole different story. Internet cats are gloriously majestic creatures. They do funny things, some of them are unbelievably retarded looking, and Grumpy Cat...well she's just fucking cool.

I have several friends who are really into cats, but no one follows cats on the internet like Meg. Meg loves internet cats so much, that when I'm bored I will just Google cat pictures and post them on her Facebook wall to distract her from whatever work she's doing. I did this to Meg about an hour ago, and that gave me the idea for today's topic. 

Also, I've recently learned that Meggy reads this blog every week so it's about time I gave her a shout out. Shut up, Meg.

That, and I forgot it was Thursday until about an hour ago when I was posting cat pictures on her Facebook wall.


10. Princess Monster Truck



Hide yo' kids.
This fantastical beast is Princess Monster Truck. She terrifies me, but at the same time I am fascinated by her. She lives in New York and is an up-and-comer in the internet cat world. Meg actually introduced me to this monster and for whatever reason she loves her for the royal beast she is. Princess Monster Truck haunts my dreams. She comes after me at night and eats me in my sleep.

9. Internet cats are on the internet

These felines are not really in front of me, therefore I do not have to deal with litter boxes or hairballs or getting my stuff ruined by their claws of destruction. I love that I can look at them and I don't have to endure being around them.


8. Sometimes, they do some gosh darn adorable things


How can you not love sushi cat?

7. Cat memes

Cat memes are some of the funniest memes on the internet. I went through a phase a few years ago when I would just browse lolcats.com and look at hilarious cat pictures. I can't even properly express to you how funny some of these are. I mean look at this one! Go home Russian Cat, you're drunk.




6. This guy


I don't know who this furry beast is, but I like his angry face and his soft furry body. 

He seems like a pretty cool cat. I really hope that his owners take more photos of him and never shave his fur because this just might be the next Grumpy Cat. He is a majestic feline that has not yet been able to make his claim to fame, but I want him to know that I love him and his evil ways.
 
5. Daniel

Daniel is not an internet cat, but he is a fantastic cat that everyone should love. He is the one real- life cat that I have ever liked and that's because he follows me around and just lays around, waiting to be fed and petted. In essence, Daniel is just like me. If I was a cat, I would want to be Daniel. Minus the gimp foot. And the Diabetes. 

He belongs to my friends' parents, and whenever they go out of town he gets shipped off to my friends' apartment. I make it a point to go over and hang out with him because he is amazing. He just limps around and wants to sleep and eat and play. Daniel is the cat that all real cats should aspire to be. I would vote for Daniel for Cat President if he ran for office.

4. They have their own Instagrams


How ridiculous is that? I don't even...

Their owners clearly post the photos of them but it's just plain nutty to present yourself as a cat who makes captions and  take photos of themselves. I'm looking at Lil' Bub's Instagram now and he has 114,000 followers. Do you know how many followers I have? 110. I have been out-followed by a cat. 
 
3. Unlike other internet trends, cats have been big for years


Cats are big now, and they were big when Myspace was a thing. Internet cats are just too much of an internet phenomenon to go out of style. Some are funny to look at, some are terrifying to look at, and others have brilliant captions above and below their photos. No one will ever understand why, but cats have invaded the internet. And we are more than willing to had cyberspace over to them.



2. Grumpy Cat

Grumpy Cat is probably the most famous cat on the internet. You can't deny loving her angry faced captions and the burning looks of hatred that she gives her viewers. Not much is known about Grumpy Cat, other than the fact that she is an extremely mean-natured female cat. She is never satisfied with anything and is very popular in the cat community. Meg's obsession with internet cats all started with Grumpy Cat and has expanded to something even she did not see coming. Grumpy Cat was a big boom for the internet cat world, and she has taken it by storm. She is a fierce cat who loves no one, and that is why we love her.

1. Lil' Bub


I had to make Lil' Bub's picture so big Because I wanted you to get the full grasp of his cuteness. Lil' Bub has become my favorite internet cat, because he's so little and retarded looking. His little tongue is permanently sticking out of his mouth and his big eyes are just so bright and full of excitement. Every video or photo I have seen of Lil' Bub just makes him look likes he's the happiest cat in the world. He is the one cat that I follow on Instagram because I think I love him. If all cats were like Lil' Bub, the world would be a much happier place. 
You're welcome, school wallpaper.

1 comment:

  1. "You can't really play with them, they're moodier than a 17 year old girl on her period, they never have the decency to throw up in a toilet or their litter box, they scratch the hell out of your couches...I could go on and on."

    Could you?

    No offense, but what you're saying about cats is horse manure. You think that you could go on and on, sure, but you're basically not saying much that's true. You're spouting nonsense that has very little truth to it. That's called babbling.

    Is sounds as if you had a bad experience with a few cats and that has tainted you into thinking all cats are like that. That's a common thing humans do - judging a whole group from experiences with a very few, but it's based out of ignorance and is a major cause of real life racism and sexism as well.

    I've been around cats all my life, many many many cats. We've owned a great many and up to 6 at once. I go to a house that has over 20, and know breeders as well. I'm around cats all the time and have been since I was a baby.

    Cats are awesome. You say that you can't play with them?! Seriously?! Cats are like the most playful creature on the entire planet. THE MOST PLAYFUL! Give me a break with that... You can play with cats all day long and they play back and love it.

    Out of all of our great many cats we've had, we never have had one grow up to scratch our furniture. It's called basic training. If you're slightly less lazy than a cat, it's not too difficult to train them.

    You also *can* train some cats not to puke on things too. Only certain types of cats really puke a lot anyway, and they can be trained not to puke on beds and pillows etc, even though you have to endure some puke while training them.

    Cats that go outside often never puke in the house, they go out and eat grass and do their puking outside. Indoor cats can be given hairball remedy so that they don't puke hardly at all, and every cat is different. Some puke once every few years and that's it.

    People who think cats are moody usually are people who don't know how to treat cats. They get upset at people who mistreat them, pet them backwards, do irritating things to them that you'd be upset if someone came up to you and started to do as well. If you treat them very well they rarely are moody at all. You can't force them to do what you want and then think they're moody because they whine about it, that's just you having the need to dominate over them and having the wrong type of pet.

    Yes, a few cats are actually a little moody. Almost always this is from a human bringing them up wrong and how the people treated them during their life, and because of the fault of their owners sometimes you meet a genuinely moody cat. It's not very often that it happens. People who have no clue how to treat a cat often mistake them for being moody because they expect every pet they own to bend totally to their will and cats actually need to be treated nice.

    And then finally there's a very small minority of cats with mental issues just like people. Usually that's not the case and it's a person's fault or mistaken thinking, but they do exist.

    You're full of so much misinformation I had to comment even though this is years old. Sorry. I do that kind of stuff because these posts are forever. As long as it's here, I'm going to go ahead and comment :D

    ReplyDelete